Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Study the Last Question Asked

When I was at the Ambassador's Academy (evangelism training) in May, there was a question and answer time with a panel of people who share the gospel with strangers regularly. The question was asked, "What if someone asks me a question, and I don't know the answer?" (I think that is every new evangelist's fear). The advice was given to simply say "I don't know" when this situation comes up, and it will come up. The advice was also given to study the last question asked. When a question is asked, and you don't know the answer (and it is a reasonable, valid question) go home and study that question. Find out the answer. Be prepared when it is asked again.

When I was out on Friday talking to people about the gospel, a young man said he was reading the book of Daniel in the Bible. He said he was on chapter 2, so he didn't know much at that point. I realized I didn't know much about the book of Daniel either, not enough to have an intelligent conversation about it anyway. My knowledge didn't go much beyond "children's church" information--Daniel and the lion's den--Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

This week I am studying the book of Daniel.

1 comment:

  1. That's good, how they specify the kind of question that is worth researching - the kind of honest question that will lead to better understanding, instead of just a troublesome issue tossed out to fluster, or lead to a nest of other conundrums.

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...