Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baptism

Today, at church, we had a baptismal service. To my recollection, in the last year 4 people have been baptised through the ministry of our church. All of them have been over the age of 35. Baptism is exciting at any age, but when we're talking over the age of 30, you know a lot of thought has gone into it. There is often some pride to swallow when making that decision. It is an act of obedience. It is a declaration to the world (through the symbolism involved) that you have died with Jesus Christ, was buried, and raised again to new life. It also presents an opportunity to testify before a congregation of God's goodness in saving you and regenerating you.

I was particularly moved at the baptismal service today because I am counted among the 4 people baptised in the last year. I was baptised on June 27 of last year. God has been so kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...