Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jesus Christ, Our Ransom

Jesus Christ, Our Ransom was the title of the sermon preached in our church on Sunday. I've been dwelling on it all week. The text was Matthew 20:28:
"even as the Son of Man came not be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."

That message has kept the gospel ever on my mind this week (as well a sermon should). I sinned against God, causing a debt I could not pay, Jesus paid my fine in His life's blood. Jesus is my ransom.

This chorus has been running through my mind since Sunday:

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed me white as snow

Not just words, reality, truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...