Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My God Justifies Me Through His Son

These verses are from another heading in my What Do I Know About My God? notebook. The heading I chose today is My God Justifies Me Through His Son. I turn to this heading in my notebook often, and I find that it is growing rapidly in number of pages as I read through the Bible this year.

Galatians 2:16 (NKJV)

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Galatians 2: 19-21 (NKJV)

For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Ephesians 1: 3-6 (NKJV)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with every spirtual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Romans 8: 33-34 (ESV)

Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (ESV)

For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

1 Peter 1:3-5 (NKJV)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...