Monday, June 1, 2009

My God Wants Me To Be Content

This week (Tuesday) our monthly women's Bible study meets, so I will be sharing verses from a few pages in my What Do I Know About My God? notebook throughout this week. Today the verses come from the heading: My God Wants Me To Be Content.



Philippians 4:11-13 (NKJV) Paul speaking in these verses


Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am to be content; I know how to be abased and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I Timothy 6:6-8 (NKJV)

Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brough nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...