Sunday, June 7, 2009

Scripture Memorization

As mentioned in earlier posts, I teach the 3-6 year old Christian Education (also known as Sunday School) class at my church. This quarter we've been working on memorizing Psalm 8 (nine verses). I have been challenged watching these young minds soak in God's Word and hide it in their hearts. I've been learning Psalm 8 with them, and I want to learn more. I want God's Word to spill out of my mouth in every circumstance because that is what is in my heart.

I'm going to share this video with you of a man (Ryan Ferguson) reciting Hebrews 9 & 10. It has challenged me greatly to memorize more of the Bible, to seek to understand the text I am memorizing, and to recite it with the inflection, joy, and seriousness it deserves.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Katrina,
    thank you for sharing this video.very good it touched my heart..
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina,
    The boys and I are making progress on Psalm 8. I think Samuel and I will have it memorized by Sunday and Isaiah is close to having up to verse 4 memorized (with cues). I'm starting to memorize Ephesians 1. I love the book and thought, "I should memorize Ephesians." and so I'm going to do my best to commit it to memory.
    I haven't had a Frightening Friday yet or a Traumatic Tuesday or a Scary Saturday . . . pray for me in my evangelism.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    I'm encouraged by your zeal to memorize the Scripture. I have a goal right now to memorize Ephesians 1 and 2, so I think we'll be able to hold each other accountable in this task (I was excited to hear that you're starting with Ephesians).

    P.S. Loved the alliterations. I will be praying for you in your evangelims efforts, and I trust others will be doing the same.

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...