Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What I'm Learning About Evangelism-Part 1

I'm going to spend this week talking about what I've learned about evangelism in the last 6 months. I've been seeking to intentionally go out and share the gospel with others in that time period, so I'll pass on what I know so far (for whatever that's worth).

Today I'll pass on a tip I learned from the Fish with Trish website (www.fishwithtrish.com) that I tried out yesterday on my way to work.

I decided to stop at a local coffee shop on the way into work (alright, I'll confess I don't drink coffee--it was hot chocolate I was after). It didn't take long for a line to form after me in the drive thru. I asked the cashier if I could pay for the drink of the customer behind me. She gave me the total, and I paid the bill. I then handed her a couple of gospel tracts. I told her that one was for her and asked her to give the other to the customer behind me and let them know that their drink had been paid for. She kindly agreed. Then I pulled away.

I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of evangelizing in only this way, but I would recommend trying it sometime. If you do I would also recommend these tips:

  • Smile (I think I might have forgotten to do that in my concentration)
  • Make sure you give a tract that presents the gospel very clearly since this is your only interaction with the cashier and the person behind you in line.
  • Utilize this stop in this way. You were planning to go through the drive-thru anyway. Use it to spread the gospel if at all possible.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina,
    Thank you for sharing this tip even if you got it from someone else. I think this would be a nice way for someone to start their day; free coffee (or hot chocolate) and a gospel tract! I'm sure not too many people have their drive-thru order paid for by the person in front of them. I pray that the person you blessed takes time to read it and the cashier too.
    Have a great rest of your week unto the glory of God!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. I pray that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!I believe you touched on something good..food for thought(or drink for thought)Hope they allowed God to enter ther Day..I am praying for you.clarry

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...