Monday, September 7, 2009

1 Corinthians 13:1-6

If you've ever attended a wedding, you've most likely heard some of 1 Corinthians 13 read out loud. I've heard it called the "love chapter". How often have we heard that chapter read out loud but not listened to it? How often have we read it but not paid attention to it? Love is not just for weddings. It's for families, it's for coworkers, it's for evangelism, it's for neighbors, it's for enemies, it's for strangers. And it's not easy. Let the words sink in as you read these verses today.

1 Corinthians 13:1-6 (ESV)

If I speak of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...