Friday, September 4, 2009

The 40th Birthday

Today is my 40th birthday.

I certainly feel older than 20, and I am quite (physically) aware that I am not 30 anymore either, but I'm also grateful for 40. I feel like celebrating it. Tonight I'll be having a party to do just that. I've invited several family members and friends and look forward to spending the evening with them.

I am truly grateful to God for 40 years of life, but I am particularly grateful for the last 6 years of my life. It is about 6 years ago now that God saved me, regenerated me, and adopted me as His own. It is about 6 years ago that I finally understood that when Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for my sins (of which were many and extremely offensive to the righteous and Holy God of the universe). My sins deserved the punishment of Hell. Jesus paid the fine for my sins in His life's blood that I may be reconciled with the Father. May the rest of my days be spent glorifying Him, as they were intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...