Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What Am I Learning About My God?-17

Over the next two days I will be finishing up posting pages from my "What Do I Know About My God?" notebook. (Please see the "What Am I Learning About My God-Day 10" post for further explanation). I have come to the end of the pages I have written down in my notebook thus far. I look forward to continuing to add pages to this notebook as time passes. This study has been valuable to me in learning to search the Scriptures for God's character and nature. I highly recommend it.



My God Warns Against False Teachers

2 Timothy 4:1-4 (NKJV)

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince , rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

1 Peter 2:1-3 (NKJV)

But there were false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom they way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

Matthew 7:15-20 (NKJV)

Beware of the false prphets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their furits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits ou will know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...