Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1 Corinthians 13:7-13

If you've ever attended a wedding, you've most likely heard some of 1 Corinthians 13 read out loud. I've heard it called the "love chapter". How often have we heard that chapter read out loud but not listened to it? How often have we read it but not paid attention to it? Love is not just for weddings. It's for families, it's for coworkers, it's for evangelism, it's for neighbors, it's for enemies, it's for strangers. And it's not easy. Let the words sink in as you read these verses today.

I Corinthians 13: 7-13

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I reasoned like a child, I thought like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...