Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What Am I Learning About My God-18

This post will conclude my sharing of my "What Do I Know About My God?" headings and verses from my notebook. I am thoroughly enjoying this Bible study and learning about God's character and nature through His Word. I hope it has helped you as well, and I encourage you to check out this Bible study (What Do I Know About My God by Mardi Collier) and start a notebook of your own if you haven't already.

The final heading in my "What Do I Know About My God?" notebook (for now) is God's Word.

Here are the verses I have under that heading.

John 1:1-2 (NKJV)

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

Proverbs 6:23 (NKJV)

For the commandment is a lamp, and the law is a light; reproofs of instruction are the way of life.

Proverbs 13:13 (NKJV)

He who despises the word will be destroyed, but he who fears the commandment will be rewarded.

Psalm 19:7-10 (ESV)

The law of the LORD is perfect reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure making wise the simple, the precepts of the LORD are right rejoicing the heard; the command of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NKJV)

All Scripture if given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 4:12-13 (NKJV)

For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Psalm 119:1-2 (ESV)

Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD! Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with their whole heart.

Psalm 119:9-11 (ESV)

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word. With my whole heart I seek You. Let me not wander from Your commandments! I have stored up Your word in my heart that I might sin against You.

Psalm 119:27-28 (ESV)

I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways. I will delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...