Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What Am I Learning About My God?-11

Please see the What Am I Learning About My God?-Day 10 post for an explanation of today's post. I'm moving into the "W" category of my notebook, and this category has a large number of headings in it. While still focusing on the nature and character of God, these headings move more into expectations God has laid out for me in His Word.

My God Wants Me to be Content

Philippians 4:11-13 (NKJV)

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state that I am to be content; I know how to be abased and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthengs me.

1 Timothy 6:6-8 (NKJV)

Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having foood and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Hebrews 3:5 (NKJV)

Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for He has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear what man can do to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...