Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Am I Learning About My God?-16

Please see the What Am I Learning About My God?-Day 10 post for an explanation of today's post. I'm in the "W" category of my notebook, and this category has a large number of headings in it. While still focusing on the nature and character of God, these headings move more into expectations God has laid out for us in His Word.

My God Wants Me to be Set Apart From the World

Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV)

I beseech you, therefore, brethren by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of you mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable perfect will of God.

Ephesians 5:8-11 (NKJV)

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), find out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of the darkness, but rather expose them.

Philippians 2:14-15 (NKJV)

Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

1 John 2:15-17 (NKJV)

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Matthew 5:14-16 (NKJV)

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...