Sunday, August 30, 2009

Psalm 139:1-4

I teach the Christian Education class (also known as Sunday School) at our church for the 3-6 year olds. Each quarter we try to memorize a passage of Scripture that coincides with the theme of our lessons for the quarter. Last quarter our theme was creation, and we memorized Psalm 8 (they did such a great job--it was so fun to watch). This quarter our theme is obedience, and we are memorizing Psalm 139:1-4. I think these verses demonstrate the heart of obedience. God knows us and is concerned with our thoughts and intentions as well as our actions. Nothing is hidden from Him.

Psalm 139:1-4 (ESV)

O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...