Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Amazing Grace

Matthew 23: 27-28 (NKJV)
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."

In these verses, Jesus was talking to the Pharisees. These verses perfectly describe my life until about 6 years ago. I was a whitewashed tomb. I had a lot of people fooled, including myself.

All the world seems to love the song Amazing Grace these days, but do they really know what it means? Can you know what it means if you have not experienced salvation through Jesus Christ?

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see


so much more than a pretty song....

1 comment:

  1. Thank for reminding me of the reson behind Amazing grace.Thank you for sharing God's word Love u Mom

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...