Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Godly Counsel

I am grateful for godly counsel in my life. Recently, I experienced a difficult situation at work. I spent a morning crying all the way in to work (about a one-hour commute). I called my mom, and her first instinct was to pray with me while on the phone. When things started to get emotional again. She said, "Let's pray again." She prayed for me and quoted Scripture and reminded me of God's attributes. I had that same experience with a good friend of mine and with my husband during that particular work situation. I am thankful for the godly counsel in my life. They could have advised me in ways that would have escalated my emotions and the situation, but they continued to point me toward God and His sovereignty in the situation. I am grateful for their reactions. May it be so in my own life.

1 comment:

  1. What a(Tears of joy) Gift God has given me in Katrina.The tuff times has only brought us closer to God He holds our hand..Should we never foget that....Thank you Katrina for sharing your tears and allowing me to be a part of allowing God to work in our day.I Love Him so..and Only God could Love you more than I..Love you Sweetie and I walk through the Day praying and lifting your name up to the high God and your daily walk...

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...