Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Perscecuted Church

The subject of the persecuted church is often on my mind on Sundays. I particularly think of it when I am preparing to go to church and worship freely. I'm reminded that I still have that freedom in this country, and I think of the many people around the world who do not. I think of the many people who do not have a Bible in their own language or the freedom to read it without fear of punishment.

Please pray for the persecuted church around the world. I would also encourage you to check out the Voice of the Martyrs website at http://www.persecution.com. I think this organization does a great job informing the masses about the persecuted church around the world. They have a free monthly magazine that you can sign up for on the website. I highly recommend subscribing to it and getting informed on this subject. It will change your prayer life and how you view the freedom and comfort you experience here in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...