Monday, February 8, 2010

Out of Town

This week I am out of town at a Biblical counseling conference in Lafayette, Indiana. My friend, Kim, and I are attending the conference together. Kim is a marriage and family therapist working in the secular world right now but pursuing nouthetic certification as a Biblical counselor for use in her occupation in the future. I have an interest in mentoring teenagers and other ladies, and Kim thought the training and certification would be helpful toward that end. So, we are pursuing this together.

The conference starts on Sunday afternoon (yesterday) and goes until Friday, late morning. It will be long days of training (8 am until 8 pm each day) with a few session breaks in between. Please pray that God will allow us the ability to retain the information we are taking in.

I will be out of town this entire week, so I have scheduled my blog posts ahead of time. I will try to check in one time during the week via Kim's laptop with an update (most likely Tuesday).

Please keep us in your prayers.

P.S. As I'm away from home this week, evangelism is forever on my mind. My purse is stocked with tracts (as usual), and I'm praying for the opportunity to use them in my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...