Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Back

Katrina and Kim on the last day of the biblical counseling conference in Lafayette, Indiana.


I have returned from the biblical counseling conference in Lafayette, Indiana. I brought back with me a pretty intense head cold (the result of the exposure to a lot of germs--600 people together in one room all week and lack of exposure to sleep--long days and late nights), so I canceled Cookie Baking Night for this evening and moved it to next Monday.

The conference was of great benefit. I would recommend it to everyone. It was completely gospel-centered and focused on how to handle life's issues using the Bible as your main source of help. The sufficiency of Scripture was reiterated time and time again throughout the week.

I thoroughly enjoyed being with my friend, Kim, all week. Often, when you hear new information there is the tendency to process it through the filter of your own experiences. Having each other allowed us to process the information out loud and work on any misconceptions we may have come up with in our own minds. I found other conference attendees very helpful in that area as well.

We stayed with a lovely woman named Mildred. Shortly after we arrived there, we realized Mildred is the widow of the pastor who started the counseling center at Faith Baptist Church in Lafayette many years ago now. This conference has grown out of that ministry. Mildred was a joy to be around. She is a godly woman. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her and hearing about her love for the Lord. She was an excellent hostess!

Now that I'm home, I will start reviewing the pages and pages of information I gathered over the course of last week. I may write more posts on what I learned from the biblical counseling conference as I process that information in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katrina,
    Great to have you ladies back home safely. It was nice to hear updates while you were away. I'm glad that the Lord used the conference to teach you more about using His Word, the Bible, to help others. I look forward to hearing all about what God taught you through your time there.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...