Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Yearly Review

Yesterday I had my yearly performance review at work. That review marks 7 years with the company. I was praised for my good attitude and devotion to the company. If my "good attitude" and "devotion to the company" came from myself (as they think it does), they would not have a good employee on their hands. These yearly reviews only scratch the surface of my behavior, but God knows my heart, and that affects my work performance.

My actions at work come from my relationship with God. If I forgive people at work it is because I have been forgiven far greater an offense than ever committed against me. If I have a sense of morality in my daily dealings it is because I know there is a Moral Law Giver, and He is the one who created me. If I treat people with kindness and respect throughout the work day, it is because the Bible instructs me to do so not because this is an idea that I have come up with on my own.

I am grateful to God for providing this job for me. I am grateful for the income it provides. Mostly, concerning my job, I am grateful for how God uses it to grow me in my relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...