Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Brothers

Recently, I had opportunity to spend time with my two brothers. Sadly, we were traveling to a cousin's funeral (about a 5-hour trip to Iowa), and that was the occasion that brought us together. Our time together, however, was sweet. I was reminded not only that I love them but that I enjoy spending time with them. We had the rare opportunity to travel as three siblings visiting relatives. For just a few hours we weren't wives, husbands, daughters, sons, fathers, uncles, or aunts, just brothers and sister.

I was reminded of the caring and protective side of my brother, Rob. I was reminded that he is a deep thinker and one who contemplates all aspects of a situation.

I was reminded of the conversational side of my brother, John (he can talk to a wall, and when he walks away you'd swear you saw the wall smiling). He has the ability to diffuse an uncomfortable situation and make those around him feel at ease. He, too, has the ability to examine all angles of a situation and is not afraid to ask the unanswered question (or as he refers to it "the elephant in the room").

I was also reminded that they both have a quick wit. They're the funniest guys I know and always have been.

I live in close proximity to both of my brothers but rarely have opportunity to spend time with them alone. Though the occasion that brought us together was very sad, I am grateful to God for allowing me this rare amount of concentrated time with my brothers. God is, indeed, good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...