Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Short Adventure With Facebook

Facebook seems to be all the rage these days. I was very reluctant to join but broke down and gave it a try. Sunday evening I joined facebook. Monday evening I canceled facebook.

I found that it brings out things in me that I try to die to everyday. I have a side in me that has to fight the urge to gossip and criticize. I make war on these desires by reading the Bible and through Christian friends and family members who hold me accountable. For me, joining facebook was just asking for trouble in this area. I recognized this shortly after I joined, so I quickly ended my relationship with this networking tool.

These verses were running through my head at the time: Colossians 3:1-3 "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

I've seen several people who participate in facebook, and they do it very well (my husband being one of them). They're able to participate without it consuming them and their thoughts. I commend them. I, however, do not have this ability.

For now, I'll stick with the blogging (it's a little more suitable to my personality).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was a beautiful, unseasonably warm April day in Minnesota. The thermometer hit 81 degrees. I also had an unusual amount of energy for ...