Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Session #4)

Today was my final session of chemo on this current drug regimen (Adriamycin & Cytoxan), which has been an every-two-week regimen. I'll have two weeks off and then I'll start a new drug (Taxol), which will be a weekly infusion. 


Because of the side effects I had with my feet this last time around, the oncology team decided to lessen this last dose just a bit, so that I could be in a healthier place when starting the next drug. Also, my labs today came back as being low in potassium, so they added a potassium infusion to today's regimen. This addition also added about an hour and half to the process, so it made for a long day, but it all went off without complication. 

Goodbye Adriamycin (nicknamed the Red Devil for it's red color and nasty side effects). I will not miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...