Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Cancer Musings (Next Round of Chemo)

Today I was supposed to start the next round of a new chemo drug (Taxol), but we ended up waiting a week on it. I came down with a cold over a week ago, and between the chemo side effects that have kept me from eating and the effects of a cold on an already immune-compromised body, it has rendered me pretty weak. 

I did have the appointments today and the lab work. It was discovered that my potassium was pretty low this time around. So, instead of starting the new drug this week, I was given IV fluids and potassium. Greg has been working in Arizona for the past week and flew back for the start of the new drug, which didn't happen, but it was so good to have him here anyway. I was very grateful for it. I was the one who made the decision not to go ahead with the Taxol this week, as I wasn't sure I could handle what was already going on in my body and the new side effects that will come with a new drug. I decided to give myself a week to get a little stronger. 



On an upside this week, my first appointment of the day was an ultrasound, which they did to measure the size of the tumor and to see if it has shrunk with the first round of chemo. Praise be to God! It has shrunk considerably, and the process seems to be working. I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...