Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Session #3)

 Today was my third session of chemo with the current drug regimen. All went well. Nothing eventful, just the way we like it. I can see the changes in me from the first time I started showing up at the Cancer Institute until now. Looking a little more like a cancer patient every day. 


When I first found out I would lose my hair, I announced very quickly that I wanted to find a pink hat with pom poms on both sides, and that would be my favorite hat to go to appointments with and wear around the house. It arrived in the mail last week, and I loved it at first sight. If you got to wear a hat, it should be cute and fun, I say. 



I took this picture because it is quintessential Greg. He is the most curious guy I know. He likes to know how things work and why, so he observes his surroundings carefully. Consequently, he's often the one with answers when we walk away from a new experience because he was paying attention. 
Now, his wife is more likely to say something like: "What bag hanging on a pole?"
Not nearly as observant, is she. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...