Thursday, January 18, 2024

Cancer Musings (The Kindest Men)

 Our immediate household consists of three people: Me, my husband, Greg, and my Papa-Larry (commonly called a dad). Papa-Larry has lived with us for 8 years now. He and Mama-Clara moved in when she needed some extra assistance with the activities of daily life as her health failed her. Mama has been in heaven now for 4 years, and Papa-Larry has remained a vital part of our household/immediate family. 

You would be hard pressed to convince me that I could share a home with two kinder men than these. They are actually pretty similar in personality, logical, quiet, very Norwegian, men of few words. In most crowds I'm considered quiet and reserved by nature, but when compared to these two at home I'm often considered the raucous and dramatic one (as I have been reminded of from time to time). 

If you're looking for grand and loud gestures, whooping and hooraying with daily events that happen (such as a great story from your day that feels like it should have some kind of standing ovation), you will be disappointed. But if you're looking for loving, steady, even, and faithful, these are the guys. In the grand scheme of things, I'll take the latter. I would not trade them. And I'm grateful to God for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...