Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Women's Bible Study

The monthly women's Bible study at our church meets this evening. As I prepare for it, I am reminded again of how much I am enjoying the study this year. We are reading through the book What Do I Know About My God? by Mardi Collier. Part of this study is to prepare a notebook (three-ring binder) titled the same as the book. The notebook is split into headings that describe God's character and nature. Each heading contains verses (that you write in yourself) that correspond with the heading. Some sample headings are: "My God is Holy", "My God is in Control", "My God Hates Pride", etc. For the purpose of our monthly study, we are working through the book of Psalms and placing the verses under the appropriate headings. Greg and I are also reading through the Bible this year, so I am using my notebook as I do that as well.

This is more than a Bible study for me. It is allowing me to solidify my Biblical worldview as I write the verses under categories that describe God's character and nature and His expectations of me. I know I will use this notebook as I continue studying God's Word throughout my life.

I highly recommend checking into the book What Do I Know About My God? by Mardi Collier for more information about this notebook system.

2 comments:

  1. I am all caught up on your blog ,very inriching I love the meaning of the songs.love the work theme in cooking baking.good job with the day to day blog.clarry

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...