Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Evangelism Training

After God saved me and regenerated me, I found myself with a passion to share the gospel. I wanted to do it but didn't know how to do it. I felt a passion for it in my heart and had lots of ideas but no boldness to go along with it.

In the past 6 years, I have sought to educate myself on evangelism, so as to be equipped to share the gospel with others. I have completed courses/attended training from several organizations, including Evangelism Explosion (http://www.eeinternational.org/), Way of the Master (http://www.livingwaters.com/) and, most recently, You Can Tell it! (http://www.evantell.org/). I have found all to be beneficial.

Evangelism Explosion did a great job of taking people out on the streets to practice what they were learning every week (12-week course). Way of the Master uses the 10 commandments (the law) before sharing the gospel to show people their sin and their need for a savior. You can tell it! did a good job of breaking down the message of the gospel (Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead). If you don't know the gospel, you can't share it with others.

My favorite course, and the one I found myself using immediately, was Way of the Master. I have found that when you are sharing the gospel with others, it is necessary to show the reasonableness of punishment for sins against a righteous and holy God, and the best way to do that (in my opinion) is by using the law. It is biblical, and I really needed no training to understand it and start using it immediately. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. You are very intentional and I admire that in you. You look at what is most important to you and set goals to improve in those areas. You are a challenge and an encouragement to me not to just be an observer in life but to be an active participant! Thank you!
    Your sister in Christ,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...