Sunday, December 31, 2023

Cancer Musings (Bye Bye Hair)

Well, with the chemo process, I knew this day would come, and it has arrived. My hair has left my head. It started coming out in clumps of strands last week, but this weekend, it has come out in handfuls. I've lost enough hair this weekend to fully clothe a long-haired chihuahua. 



Last week, the first few lost strands left me crying in the bathroom in my husband's arms a couple times. But, that prepared me for the eventuality of it. God has given me grace for each moment of this process. No tears this weekend. As each day of this weekend rapidly produced less and less hair on my head I had to make a new plan for how I would wear it or cover it that day. I do find the timing of it amusing as today is the last day of the year, and most of the hair is gone now. Out with the old, and in with the new as they say. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...