Sunday, December 3, 2023

Cancer Musings (Best Christmas Present Ever)

My husband, Greg, and I have had a longstanding disagreement about a particular piece of furniture for the entire length of our marriage. It is the chaise lounge. I like them. Greg does not. I have always wanted one. Greg has not. He has held firm in this stance for 28+ years (despite my insertions from time to time that I would love to have one). He has stood firm that is ... until today. He surprised me the night before last on the way home from a family gathering by saying he would like to get me a chaise lounge for Christmas this year. I gave it the customary two-and-a-half-seconds of contemplation before blurting out an enthusiastic I'LL TAKE IT! It turns out he had spent yesterday afternoon driving from furniture store to furniture store looking for chaise lounges. Today he brought me to those stores (and a few more) and let me pick out the one I wanted it. I was so excited! But I was also extremely touched by the gesture. I am a big reader and journaler and had a small chair and footstool in the corner of our bedroom where I did such things. With the recent diagnosis of cancer and the upcoming ongoing chemo treatments, Greg wanted me to have a place where I could truly relax and recuperate. He even went the extra mile and installed a light above the chair that I can control by an app from my phone. 








I said it before. I 'll say it again. Best Christmas Present Ever! So grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...