Monday, July 12, 2010

Cookie Baking Night 7/12/10

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attedance this evening: Carissa and Emily. Carissa turned 5 years old on July 1. As is our Cookie Baking Night tradition, tonight was Carissa's choice.
For supper she chose: Macaroni and cheese, french fries, and strawberries.
For the cookie she chose: M&M cookies.
The secret to a colorful M&M cookie is to put a few M&Ms in the batter and use the rest to roll the cookie in. The girls like that part.
As is our custom as well, we read from Leading Little Ones to God by Marian Schoolland. Tonight we read lesson 32 titled "Jesus Came From Heaven". Some good discussion followed the lesson, and Emily read John 3:16-17 for us from the Bible.
We topped off our birthday evening together by watching a little "Finding Nemo" (Carissa's favorite, tonight anyway).
As usual, a fun time was had by all.


Cute story of the evening: As we sat down to eat supper I said, "It's just us tonight, girls. Uncle Greg is away on business." Carissa looked at me sincerely and said, "When he comes back, are you going to give him a big hug?" I assured her that would be the case.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...