Sunday, March 31, 2024

Cancer Musings (Good Friday & Easter)

For me personally and for our household, the Easter holiday is all about recognizing and honoring the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ . We consider it the most significant event(s) in history and the basis of our Christian faith. With that in mind, I set out with a very specific purpose for this weekend: Operation Conserve Energy. It was my goal (and my prayer) to stay as rested as possible so I could make it to the Good Friday and Easter services at our church this weekend. The reason I chose the church services is because it is the place I knew these events would be most recognized and focused on. I set aside any ideas of hosting a family gathering or attending a family gathering because I knew ahead of time I would not have the strength and energy for more than one extra event in a day.

God answered my prayers. I was able to attend the somber, poignant, and thought-provoking Good Friday service. This year our church did a Tenebrae service, meaning the lights progressively dimmed after each reading and song until the service ended in darkness and we walked out in silence. This was to symbolize the darkness of Jesus' death and describe the darkness that came over the land on that day as described in Matthew 27:45 "Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour.."

This morning I was able to attend the celebratory Easter service where we honored the resurrection of Jesus from the dead with light, color, joyous song, and reading God's Word. 

It was so good to be at both services, and I thank God for the opportunity. I can truly say I appreciated it more this year than I have in the past because this year it became precious to me all over again. 

" He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise." Luke 24:6-7

" We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God." Romans 6:9-10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...