Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Day-Taxol #4)

Today was chemo day and my fourth round of Taxol. I met with the oncologist this time around. Since I've been tolerating the infusions without reaction now, she's going to lessen the amount of pre-meds I take beforehand. That is a relief because every extra med brings it's own unique side effects. The less of those the better. 

Today's appointment was changed to Tuesday instead of Wednesday so I could meet with the oncologist. This made things slightly complicated for my work schedule, as I run a virtual meeting every Tuesday that is hard to reschedule and hard to delegate. I had very early morning appointments this time around.  By the grace of God, I met with the oncologist, had labs drawn, sat through the infusion and ice packs routine, and was able to get home with 15 minutes to spare before the meeting started. 

Working full time while going through the chemo process has been a challenge, but God is sustaining me through it. Some days I go into the office and some days I work from home if the schedule allows it. But, all of the days I feel the effect of it on my body and mind, and I pray through the whole day for strength and grace. 

Greg has been a constant companion and help to me with my appointments, and I thank God for him. As usual, I posted a picture below of the two of us at today's appointment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...