Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Day - Taxol #7)

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have chemo again, but this time around, there were no good days. I was sick the whole way through and had a very hard time eating all week (but I did eat). No upswing this time around. By the time I got to this morning, I was pretty weak and hoping when they drew labs they wouldn't let me do chemo this week. But my labs came back fine with the exception of slightly low potassium, which was not enough to keep me from going through with the treatment. 

The oncology team gave me some easy solutions to increase my potassium through diet and supplements, which I feel confident will allow me to regain some strength and feel a little better. By the grace of God, the pre-meds they gave me before the Taxol infusion today allowed me to regain some strength and tolerate the med. I was even able to eat lunch afterward. I feel better this evening than I've felt this week so far. 

When I saw the oncologist last week, she told me I'm at the point in the treatments where I'm going to have to "dig deep" to get through it because the weariness sets in and the side effects continue. I'm finding that to be true, so I'm digging deeper into prayer and reliance on God and His faithfulness. The prayers of others are also a huge help to me at this time, and I thank you all who are praying and for the many kindnesses I've been shown in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...