Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Day -Taxol #6)


Today was chemo day. I had Taxol infusion #6. I'm at the halfway point now, 6 down, 6 more to go. That is reason to celebrate. 

Each week before I meet with a provider or have the infusion, they draw labs. If the labs are not at the right levels, then they won't do the infusion. I have not had to skip an infusion yet because of low lab levels, but it has been borderline on neutrophils and hemoglobin for the past three weeks, including today. By the grace of God, I have been able to continue each week. 

The infusion went off without any issue, and I was told that I don't have to take the pre-infusion steroids next week. That was a relief since they bring quite a few side effects with them each time that I deal with for a few days afterward. I won't miss that. 

Though chemo infusion days are easier, the side effects still rear its ugly head about two days after the treatment. I usually get pretty sick and weak on Friday and Saturday each week, and I'm pretty exhausted by Sunday. Prayer for strength and endurance during those days would be much appreciated. 

This time around, Greg suggested that during the time I have to wear the ice packs on my hands and feet (and put ice chips in my mouth) that I also wear my winter coat. That was very good advice and made the time much more tolerable. I lasted a good 45 minutes this time before shivering and fidgeting uncontrollably. That is a record. And I thank God for it (and for Greg),

God continues to sustain me through this chemo process and teaches me so much about His faithfulness. I am grateful. 

I've included a few pictures below from today's appointment's.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...