Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Day-Taxol #3)

Today was chemo day and my third round of the Taxol. With a lot of pre-meds, I'm able to continue to tolerate the Taxol infusion over one hour instead of two. It was pretty uneventful this time around, just the way we like it. 

The side effects are definitely lighter on this drug than the last one, but they are ever changing. Eating continues to an issue for me. With this drug, I can't taste much, and I can't smell anything, and my appetite is down. I can get the food down; I just don't enjoy it. But that's progress nonetheless, and I'll take it. 

One change in today's treatment is that it was my first appointment without Greg in attendance, as he had to go out of town for work this week. Usually Greg travels a lot more this time of year, so we're grateful to God he has been able to attend all of the appointments up to this point. Papa-Larry took Greg's place as my chemo partner (and driver) this week. We trained him in on ice pack duty and he handled it like a pro. 



Side Note: It's a pretty big cooler we haul back and forth to treatments each week. We bring extra ice packs in case the infusion time ends up going longer than expected and we have to switch them out. I always joke with Greg that people probably think he's carrying an organ transplant in his cooler. I have noticed some suspicious on lookers in the elevator.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...