Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Appt-Part 2)

I had the chemo appointment this morning, and the Taxol infusion was done. They had given me some oral pre-meds to take and they infused some oral pre-meds plus extra Benadryl before the Taxol. Because of this, I was able to tolerate the infusion over the one-hour period of time instead of two hours. And they feel I'll be able to do this in the future now. This is an answer to prayers. It's difficult for me to sit with ice on my hands and feet for two hours, plus put ice chips in my mouth the whole time. I get so cold, even though they provide me with warm blankets. One hour was still very cold for me today but much more tolerable. Thank you for all your prayers. 

Since I didn't have any extra appointments today, we arrived for the infusion at 8:00 am and walked out at 10:30, the shortest appointment I've had to date. Praise be to God!

Two down, ten more to go (but who's counting?) So far, the side effects on this new drug have been tolerable, and I've regained some of my appetite and taste. Every day is a new day and this something that builds on itself, but I'm so grateful to God for the easier days and the lighter side effects while they are here. Here is go good to provide me with not just bad days but the good days as well. 

I've included a couple pictures from today's appointment below. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...