Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Cancer Musings (Chemo Appt-Part 1)

Today was to be the second infusion of Taxol, but alas due to another scheduling issue, I did not receive the Taxol today. The appointments were scheduled for the afternoon this time around, so I went to work in the morning because I was leading a meeting and needed to be there if it all passible. I was called this morning at work and told I could keep the appointments today for the lab work and the appointment with my oncology provider but because of the reaction to the Taxol last week and the need to infuse that drug over two hours instead of one hour (three hours altogether with the pre-meds they infuse beforehand), my infusion appointment was starting too late in the day and there would not be enough time to infuse it properly. They rescheduled my infusion appointment to tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. I was disappointed as this is a lot of maneuvering of work schedules (mine and Greg's) and expenditure of extra energy that is in short supply these days. The oncology team and the infusion team have been amazing through this whole journey, but the scheduling process continues to be a work in progress. 

I was able to have the labs and oncology appointment today, which went well and will make for a shorter day tomorrow barring any unforeseen reactions or complications.

We still took our customary appointment picture today as seen below. Stay tuned for tomorrow's report.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...