Friday, April 2, 2010

Frightening Friday 04/02/10


Today is Good Friday. I took the day off of work to spend time thinking about the gospel and spreading the gospel message to the best of my ability.

Since this is my usual day for intentional evangelism, I made plans to spend the morning handing out the Easter packs I had prepared last week (see post Frightening Friday, 03/26/10 for details). A friend of mine from church, Jenny, joined me for this venture. I was greatly encouraged by her presence.

We met at my house at 10:00 am, had a time of prayer (so enjoyed that), and then headed out to local businesses in search of people. The goal was to drive to towns near our church and hand out packs that included the gospel message, a bookmark encouraging the reading of the Gospel of John during this Easter season, a card that contained the service information for Good Friday service and Easter service at our church, and a couple pieces of candy.

We arrived in the parking lot of one business and never left it. We had 48 packs prepared and handed out all but one before leaving there (took about an hour). The last pack we used in the picture you'll find in this post.

People were very receptive to taking the packs. I pray the gospel message will be received, understood, and result in repentance of sins and faith in Jesus Christ.

I have made up some packs (using up the supplies I have left) and plan to give them out as I run errands over the next couple days. I encourage you to give this kind of idea a try. The Easter season is an easy time to talk about the gospel.


Note: If you are on this blog today for the first time, please check out My Favorite Links at the side of this page for other resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...