Monday, April 5, 2010

Cookie Baking Night 4/5/10


Tonight was Cookie Baking Night.
In attendance this evening: Carissa and Ethan.
We made brownies from a brownie-in-a-jar mix I had in the cupboard.
Carissa cracked her first egg this evening. Remember the first time you cracked an egg? Yep, that's pretty much how it went in this scenario as well. I've yet to find an egg-cracking prodigy amongst the nieces and nephews, though each one has been sure they were the one. When Carissa finished cracking the egg, she echoed what I had told her when I was teaching her how to crack it. She said, "It's harder than it looks."

The weather was beautiful this evening, so we managed to squeeze in a walk on the walking trails in our neighborhood.

We also had time to read from Leading Little Ones to God by Marian Schoolland. We're halfway through the book now and enjoying every lesson.
We ended the evening with a rousing game of Zingo (a Cookie Baking Night favorite). As usual, a good time was had by all!






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...