Monday, November 14, 2011

Cookie Baking Musings

Since I know of a few new readers to the blog, I thought I would take this opportunity to explain "Cookie Baking Nights".
  • Cookie Baking Night happens every other Monday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The participants are nieces and nephews from both sides of our family.
  • The qualifying Cookie Baking age is 3 years old until they decide to retire (which has been anywhere from 14-16 years old). We've had two move on (retire) from Cookie Baking Nights (they are now 16 and 19) and we have two who will be moving up through the ranks eventually (1 year old and one on the way).
  • Cookie Baking Night has been in existence in our home for about 8 years now.
  • Those who attend Cookie Baking Night join us for supper, then we bake some kind of dessert, we read a Bible lesson, play a few games, go for a walk, etc.
  • On Cookie Baking Nights near birthdays, the one having a birthday gets to chose what we have for supper that evening and what we bake for our "cookie" as well.
  • My goal of Cookie Baking Night is to establish and maintain relationships with the nieces and nephews. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...