Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday


Today was Black Friday, the traditional shopping day after Christmas. Normally, my friend Kim and I prepare some packets with tracts and treats and head out to the early bird sales to distribute them, but we weren't able to do that this year.

I still wanted to get out in some fashion, so I decided to break out the "Are You Ready" cross. I stood at a very busy intersection in a local shopping complex. I was there for about 45 minutes, and in that time I had a lot of response (some honking, some profanity, some thumbs' up, some cheers, and some indifference--someone even took my picture with their phone, look for me on a facebook near you some day soon).

My goal in standing there was to allow people an opportunity to think on eternal things if even for a few seconds. I pray God used it in that way. I was ready with tracts in my pocket but didn't have a lot of foot traffic on this particular outing (maybe next time).



Upon reviewing of the pictures Greg took during that time: Note to self: Smile more next time. I actually have some good news to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...