Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Day With The Niece 09/24/11

Today, my niece, Meghan, and I celebrated her birthday. She turned 16 on September 12. I usually give the kids a choice between a gift (or money when they hit teenagehood) or an activity with me. This year, Meghan chose the activity (ahh, makes the aunt so happy). So, we spent the morning at the Farmer's Market in Minneapolis. We had the most lovely time! It was fun hanging out with Meghan and seeing her likes and dislikes emerge as she enters into young adulthood. We had a fun time shopping and looking around at all the wares.

But my favorite time, by far, was the trip home (about a 45 minute drive). Meghan and I had a wonderful conversation about the gospel. And it started with this question, "Where do you stand with God right now?" Meghan was very honest with me. She does not profess to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I was able to share the gospel with her. She listened and she asked questions. She had already been pondering the question. "What happens to a person after they die?", so it was a timely conversation (as God knew it would be). I shared my testimony of salvation with her, and it seemed to resonate with her. This young lady is a thinker. At one point she said, "It must be very hard for you to have this information and this experience and know that not all the people you care about believe it." She said these words with great compassion, and I was moved to tears by them. I agreed. It is hard.

This is not the first time I have shared the gospel message with Meghan and it probably will not be the last. I will continue to proclaim it as is my job, and I leave the conversion of a soul in God's hands. Not a more wonderful subject exists to speak about, though, and I praise God I had the opportunity to do so.

Happy Birthday, Meghan! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...