Monday, September 26, 2011

Cookie Baking Night 09/26/11

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carrisa, and Emily.
We had a treat this evening in that Diana (Greg's sister, Ethan and Carissa's mom) joined us for supper. (She has lovely eyes, though I did not give her an opportunity to open them before I snapped the shot--and the only one I took). It was fun to have her join us for supper and hope she will do so again sometime.
Tonight we made pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. This project involved a lot of preparation and a lot of steps, so it filled up most of our evening.
I am pleased to announce that Ethan has mastered egg cracking. Until recently, he had no interest in it, and I think it frightened him a bit. Now, he is comfortable with the technique, and he cracked three of the four eggs needed for tonight's recipe.
It left us only with time to read Lesson 55 titled "God's Children Trust Him" from Leading Little Ones to God by Marian Schoolland. Emily read from the Bible for us. She read Matthew 14:24-31.
And to squeeze in a couple games of air hockey. This was the first night Carissa took an interest in the game. It was fun to watch her excitement as she learned to play.
As usual, a fun time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...