Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Prayer and Mom

My mom and I live an hour from each other. We speak on the phone often. Though we are both Christians, it had not occurred to us (before now) to focus some of our time together in prayer. We have recently started praying together on the phone before we end our conversation. This has done wonders for our relationship and has added accountability to our conversations together. Gossip and strife are easier to stay away from when the next item on the agenda is prayer with the God of the Universe.

I highly recommend praying with your Christian family members, even those from whom you are separated by distance.

P.S. Since we're on the subject of my mom, tomorrow is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom. I am very grateful to God that you are my mother! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Good advice, sister. Good practice for sure. Godly mindset that results in blessing.

    And Happy Birthday to Mrs. Katrina's Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katrina,

    It's Francesca, we met on the main street of the Wisconsin Dells Parkway...I hope you remember me! Thanks for inviting me to follow your blog here, I can see your love for Jesus overflowing through every word. I'm going to follow you and pray for your ministry! Keep writing and loving God. Happy Birthday to your Mom as well! By the way, I saw your post down there that you're starting to read D.A. Carson's book. I wanted to tell you that he was a guest speaker at a retreat that I attended in January of this year; he was incredible. What a wise man. I hope your book club goes well, I'm actually starting a book club between my best friend and I. We're reading C.S. Lewis' "The Four Loves", so if you want to join in on reading that and get updates on the book as we read it, you can do so on my blog! francescanp.wordpress.com

    Keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francesca,

    Great to hear from you. I certainly do remember you. I've thought of you often--been on your blog. I will be posting about my trip to the Dells within the next day (trying to get caught up on a few old posts first)---you will be mentioned, so stay tuned.

    Thanks for the heads up on "Four Loves". I'll watch your blog for updates.

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...