Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Friend, Betsy

Let me introduce my friend, Betsy, and tell you how we met.

Two years ago, I went to the Biblical Counseling Conference in Lafayette, Indiana with my friend Kim. The second night of the conference we were invited to a dinner through someone Kim had met at another conference. It was a large gathering (30+ people) at a restaurant. I wasn't even seated next to my friend Kim (who was the only person there that I knew). However, I was seated next to Betsy. Through the course of the evening, Betsy and I started talking about evangelism. I had recently started going out to skate parks and parades to talk to kids about the gospel and hand out tracts. Betsy had recently started her own evangelism ministry with a friend from her Sunday School class at church. They often go to laundromats and seek to share the gospel with the people they find there. Betsy is from Wisconsin (about 4-1/2 hours from where I live in Minnesota).

Since that time, Betsy and her friend Jane have been to visit me twice in Minnesota (they like to go to the Mall of America to share the gospel while they are here). And I've been to visit Betsy twice in Wisconsin (both times making a trip to Wisconsin Dells for evangelism purposes).

Betsy just finished her masters degree in Biblical Counseling and is in the process of becoming a NANC certified counselor. So, we share an interest in Biblical counseling and in evangelism. Betsy also loves to read (loves books) and has been a great resource to me in this area.

Betsy and I are still getting to know each other but are fast becoming dear friends. I marvel how God put us together!


Note: The picture above was taken a year ago (myself on the left, Betsy on the right).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...