Friday, July 29, 2011

Evangelism Focus 07/29/11

A Night At The Anoka County Fair


One of us leans toward photography.............


One of us leans toward evangelism.......................




It works out...............



The story behind the story:
Greg and I spent the evening at the local county fair. Greg likes to take pictures, and there is great "subject" at the fair. While he was setting up his shots (most patient man on earth, really), I walked around and handed out some gospel tracts. I find carnival workers will read the tracts I give them because a great deal of that job involves sitting around and waiting (love to see the tracts being read). Several pictures taken, several tracts handed out. We make a good team.

P.S. We did manage to fit in a few traditional fair-going activities like eating a corn dog (supper) and walking through a few exhibits. At the end...........a lovely evening.

I pray that the gospel seed will take root.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    I love to see tracts read too -

    Love to see someone walking away, reading that tract and then look back at the stranger who gave it to him.

    Keep up the great work in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much more makes my heart leap (aside from the love of my life, Kim) than to, from a short distance, watch people read their freshly handed gospel tracts. I have tons of photos of such. Only the Lord knows whether or not what they have been handed, by His grace and sovereign will, will guide them to the road that leads to Calvary.

    And just so you know, Katrina, I have on good authority that sweet mustard and ketchuped corn dogs (or "Pogos" as we call them up here) are going to be the mainstay food in Heaven. It's one of the reasons I became a Christian. :D))

    Nice photos, folks! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...