Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Resource Wednesday 03/03/10

This Resource Wednesday, I would like to highlight for you the Voice of the Martyrs website (http://www.persecution.com/). Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) is a ministry that focuses on the persecuted church around the world. If you've spent any time on my blog, you've heard me endorse this ministry many times.


I encourage you to visit the VOM website. Here's a few areas of the website that I appreciate and utilize often:
  • Voice of the Martyrs magazine. You can sign up to receive a free monthly copy of this magazine. Each issue highlights a different country or area around the world where Christians are being persecuted for their faith. The magazine also highlights tangible ways we could help the persecuted church.

  • Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand. There is a way to receive a free copy of this book (or have it sent to a friend) via the website. Richard Wurmbrand is the founder of the Voice of the Martyrs ministry. I highly recommend reading this book. I found it impossible to remain unchanged after doing so.

  • Prison Alert is a tool on this website that allows you to write letters of encouragement to persecuted Christians around the world. You can pick phrases and verses that will be translated into the language of the prisoner to whom you are writing. It allows you to compose a letter to the prisoner and then gives you instructions on how to mail it. I've used this tool a few times and found it very user friendly.

  • Kids of Courage is an area of the website that focuses on children of persecuted Christians, persecuted children, or areas in which to involve your own children in the cause of the persecuted church. There is an area on Kids of Courage (Downloads) that allows you to download an entire curriculum on a country (many countries available) in order to educate your children about the culture and Spiritual condition of the country. I've downloaded a couple of these and find them very useful. My niece, Emily, is currently working through the curriculum on China.

In this post, I've highlighted some of the areas on the VOM website, but it's just a few of the resources available. I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was a beautiful, unseasonably warm April day in Minnesota. The thermometer hit 81 degrees. I also had an unusual amount of energy for ...