Friday, March 26, 2010

Frightening Friday 03/26/10

This week I spent my time making up packets to give out at the mall tonight and while running errands during the next week. I wanted to be sure that people heard the gospel message (the reason we celebrate Easter) during this season. Many people in America have no clue that Easter is about Jesus' death and resurrection. They don't know the "good news" of the gospel.

Each clear plastic bag included: A gospel tract, a bookmark (I made bookmarks that said: "The Easter season is the perfect time to read the Gospel of John in the Bible, fourth book in the New Testament"--weirdly practical I know, but decorative as well), a card pointing them to my blog (for follow up or other resources), and two pieces of candy (to eat).

This idea came to me a little late in the week, so I had only 29 packs prepared for tonight. I handed them out at the mall in about 30 minutes. I said, "Happy Easter" as I handed out the packs. Only one person turned me down (and very politely so), the rest were very receptive and thanked me.

I pray that the gospel message is read, understood, and responded to in repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Note: If you are reading this blog this evening because you received one of these "Easter packs", please check out My Favorite Links at the side of this page for other resources or check out other posts on this blog. If you live in the area and do not have a church to attend this Easter, you are welcome to join us at Bible Baptist Church in Otsego (the link for this church can also be found under My Favorite Links on the right-hand side of this website).

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was a beautiful, unseasonably warm April day in Minnesota. The thermometer hit 81 degrees. I also had an unusual amount of energy for ...